Wednesday 27 June 2018

GHOSTBUSTERS - WHO YOU GONNA CALL?

GHOSTBUSTERS SONG AS BIG AS THE MOVIE




1984 - The movie Ghostbusters escapes the vault and is released unto audiences. It is a huge success, and still has a cult following. The theme song by Ray Parker Jr is just a big - creating that familiar phrase "WHO YOU GONNA CALL".


The song has a rather interesting story - stayed at #1 on the Billboard charts for three weeks, nominated for an academy award for best original song, and it also caused a lawsuit.


HUEY LEWIS SUED Ray Parker Jr for plagarism!


Huey claimed the melody was straight from his 'I want a new drug' song.





Strangely, Huey was asked to work on the theme for Ghostbusters, but, turned it down b/c he was working on the music for another huge 80s movie - Back to the Future! You think he was just jealous? He wanted to be known as the 80s movie theme song master?! Maybe.



Who you gonna call?
To me, the song lacks adultness - as in I wouldn't listen to it loud if I were driving in a T-roof 80s Pontiac Firebird with the windows down. And, my kids listen to it on their own free will. But, I still use the catchphrases - "I ain't 'fraid of no ghost" AND when someone asks , 'who you gonna call' I reply with 'ghostbusters'....everytime.


Help find Fang



William Shatner could well be in the next Ghostbusters movie



Paraplasmo levels must be off the charts - janitors with masks too!




Remember, you are wearing a nuclear device on your back - don't cross the streams!

Mmm ecto plasma juice - tastes like chicken

Didn't stay puffed


 I do like the movie, and the song, but, one thing I really remember liking was the Atari Ghostbusters game. It has a special place in my heart. It was one of the first games I remember playing. And, one of the first games I remember losing badly at and getting frustrated and swearing I was never going to play that stupid game ever again...then coming back 15 mins later to rehash the frustrating cycle.


Remember playing this on Atari

Harder than it looks

I do think it would be cool to have a ghostbusters shirt...





I've been slimed


Until next time... 






SOME DEF LEPPARD MEMES AND JOKES

No comments:

Post a Comment