Thursday 5 September 2019

80s MEMES

Iconic 80s in meme form!

Remember toys in cereal boxes? I do. I recall the sticky octopus. Throwing that sucker against the wall and watching it slowly climb down. What I mostly remember about the wall climbing octopus was the dust it collected. You didn't want to let that thing actually touch the ground, or fall under a refridgerator with all the dust bunnies.

80s dust collector - the cereal box toy sticky octopus
The 80s was that decade that started this whole entitled generation of rock stars. It started with Van Halen and no brown M&Ms. Before all this rock stars, like Billy Idol, did menial things like make their own tea!

Billy Idol makes his own tea. Early 80s.
Remember smoking in restaurants? The waitress would ask you, "smoking or non", like the three feet difference in a closed room made a difference. I can still taste a Big Mac laced with that rich smokey flavour of cigarettes.

Big Mac and a smoke - 80s dining
I loved growing up in the 80s. Playing pac-man at the local greasy spoon until the streetlights came on...then you knew it was time to hustle your butt home or Mom would be yelling your name down the street!

Streetlights are on. Time to go home.
The music! 80s music was so great. It still is. In fact, I still find myself rocking out to it while working in the garage. Sometimes a Bon Jovi, or Skid Row song will come on and I'll grab a broom and air guitar!
Share if you still rock out to 80s music
TV too. 80s tv programming was so great. I must have spent half my waking hours turning the knob on our TV back and forth between the three channels that the antenna could pick up. One of my favourite shows was Hercules. Remember, 'hey Herc?' I saw this picture the other day and thought how it reminded me of the Lord of The Rings.

80s cartoon Hercules reminds me of the LOTR

I also liked Pee Wee Herman. Man, that guy was funny. I always wanted to have a word of the day. But, I wanted it to be something like Motley Crue!

Pee Wee Herman secret word is MOTLEY CRUE
A lot of the old bands are making a come back; reunion tour; one last grab at the pot. They are all looking really old. I saw a pic of ZZ Top the other day and was like, 'Oh my god, the ZZ Top guy looks like Dumbledore from Harry Potter!"

ZZ Top looks like Dumbledore

No comments:

Post a Comment