Monday 26 August 2019

MUSIC OF THE 80S MEMES

VERY FUNNY MEMES OF 80S MUSIC BANDS

Sting, what a rockstar name, was huge in the 80s. First with the Police, then with himself. Fun fact: the song "Don't Stand So Close To Me", was actually written about Sting's shadow.
Sting - Don't Stand So Close To Me
Interior design was coming into its own in the 80s as well. The music of the decade had some influence as well. Whitesnake's hit song "Here I Go Again (On My Own)" inspired the third wheel style booth that was popular in many fast food restaurants in the mid to late 80s.
Whitesnake - Here I Go Again On My Own

Way before the 10 cent a minute long distance plans, we all remember waiting until evening to make a long distance phone call. Even Stevie Wonder, who would call just to say I love you, waited until at least 8pm when the rates were low. Smart man that Stevie Wonder.
Stevie Wonder calls late to say I love you

Now, back in the day I was a huge Tears for Fears fan. I was head over heels, wanted to rule the world, sowed some seeds of love...and it turns out there were some pretty famous people who were also fans of Tears for Fears. Including one Darth Vader.
Tears For Fears Fan, Darth Vader, wants to rule the world

Big fan of early Phil Collins as well. I still stop whatever I'm doing when In The Air comes on the radio. I wait patiently for the wicked drum solo that really gets the song going and I air drum along. Usually I grab whatever is nearby to use as drumsticks - nowadays, it's usually chop sticks (how modern am I?). But, what I'm saying is always be ready to rock out and air drum along to that song.
Air drumming to Phil Collins

I really liked U2 as well. All of their albums, not just Joshua Tree. I thought I was pretty clever, and funny, when I took the song With or Without You literally. Where would Bono live? Not With and Not Without You as shown in this diagram.


U2 Bono cannot live with or without you

That sounds like a fantasy world to me. Reminds me of that Queen lyric, "is this just real life or is this just fantasy?" Sometimes I look back on the 80s and think, I'm not 100% sure that was real.
Queen meme
Like dancing in the 80s. I used to vogue a lot, I mean a lot. I'd also try a bunch of arm twisting moves in an homage to David Bowie. I'd crank up, Let's Dance, and I'd sway to the beat.
David Bowie - Let's Dance
Sometimes I'd want some harder music, not sound-like-a-cordless-drill metal, but something with long hair and a beat to bang to. You know who fits that bill? Def Leppard! Hysterica, Imagica, Photographica...okay, I just sound like an ass now making fun of 80s rock.
I want to hear Def Leppard NOW says Veruca Salt!

Bon Jovi was another great guy/band that I loved to rock out to. But, the poor guy get's Shot Through The Heart and I'm not sure he lived? Luckily he didn't get shot through the head.
Shot Through The Heart - Bon Jovi funny
I say good thing, because Bon Jovi was the cassette I'd put on when the ladies were in the car and we'd head up to heartbreak hill. Get the 80s prom dress on, the white suit, lots of hairspray and get ready for a night of Bon Jovi and making out in a Buick.
Bon Jovi prom night in the 80s
You know who I alway thought looked like Jon Bon Jovi...John Cougar Mellencamp. You know the guy who sang about his small town, and about the kids from that small town. I wonder which town it actually was?
John Cougar sings about a small town, over and over and over again.
I'll leave you with one last Pat Benetar meme. It's not mine, but I found it very funny. Love is a battlefield.
Love is a battlefield

No comments:

Post a Comment