Wednesday 19 June 2019

FUNNY 1980s MUSIC MEMES

80S MUSIC MEMES

Billy Idol was such a rebel in the 80s, hence the Rebel Yell, that he sang about Dancing With Myself. Poor guy, dancing all alone. Well guess what? Turns out he found a girl to dance with and now he doesn't dance with himself anymore. Hooray!


Billy Idol finds girl and does not dance with himself

Fast forward thirty years and another big music star does some dancing with himself and makes some waves. Drake. Canadian rapper Drake does some weird solo dancing in the bling bling cellphone video which everyone seems to make fun of? You know what would be even funnier, if the song was from the 80s and he wanted someone to call him on their cell phone - the big brick cell phone! So big you wouldn't be able to make many smooth dance moves!


Call me on your cell phone 80s style
Speaking of calling someone, Daniel Larusso says you'd better call Kenny Loggins because you are in the danger zone. The crane kick danger zone!


Call Kenny Loggins because you are in the danger zone
Mobile phones turn out to be bad for your social health, just ask Madonna who uses her phone to take selfies. I can see why she sang Like A Virgin...


Madonna - like a virgin
It is convenient to have a great camera with you at all times. Beats the 80s when you'd have to carry around a Kodak or Nikon, snaps some pictures, get the negatives processed, and pick up one copy of the picture. So if you are out walking around and see something like a sign for Electric Avenue ...


Rock down to Electric Ave. and then take it higher

It is good to get out, away from technology, take a walk. Maybe as Cyndi Lauper suggested go Walking on Sunshine. You'll feel great!


Shrute sets Cyndi Lauper straight - you cannot walk on sunshine
Nowadays, technology is just too complex for me. I used to be a pretty good hacker. I'd set up my Teddy Ruxpin to play Rick Astley and feel good b/c Teddy was never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down, never gonna turn around and desert you...


Rick Astley tape in the Teddy Ruxpin - Never gonna...
And, I knew fashion. When I wanted to dance around to my favourite 80s songs I'd just put on the old spandex and, as Olivia Newton John suggested, I'd get Physical!


Olvia Newton John Physical and the 80s fashion

Ah the perfect decade, the 80s. And as my Mom says, there is one perfect man and he's from the 80s, his name 


George Michael Meme

1 comment:

  1. Hahahahaha this is very funny, nostalgic, lighthearted, cheerful. I am the follower of the Rebel Yell until nooow

    ReplyDelete