Thursday 9 January 2020

80s MUSIC QUOTES

MUSIC QUOTES FROM 80s SONGS

There are some memorable lyrics from our favourite songs from the 80s. Here are a few to bring on that sentimental feeling.

Africa by Toto - the first few lyrics, I HEAR THE DRUMS ECHO INTO NIGHT... with the soft drumming in the background. Oh what a feeling.


Africa - TOTO
 The quintessential 80s teen movie song from the Breakfast Club. Simple Minds - DON'T YOU FORGET ABOUT ME.
Don't forget about me - Simple Minds
My personal favourite, that totally awesome new wave band The Cars with WHO'S GOING TO DRIVE YOU HOME TONIGHT? 
Drive - The Cars
Phil Collins made my list with EASY LOVER! Because, he's and easy lover. Mullet included.
easy lover - Phil Collins
Don't You Want Me by The Human League has some lines that remind me of that great 80s film with Tom Cruise - Cocktail.
Don't You Want Me Tom Cruise - The Human League
80s ballads must be included. REO SPEEDWAGON - Keep on Loving You. I'm gonna keep on repeating this line in my head all day. Thanks.
Keep on Loving you - REO Speedwagon
EDDIE MONEY hits the spot with the lyrics in TAKE ME HOME TONIGHT!
Take me home tonight - Eddie Money
These four lyrics repeat in my brain all the time too. WHAM - FAITH!
Faith - WHAM
The punky sounds of The Romantics What I like about you. David Hasselhoff holding a dog tight.
What I Like About You - The Romantics
The decadence decade was still a time when you had to FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHT TO PARTY (ala Beastie Boys). By party, I mean wear headbands and fringed outfits. Oh, 80s fashion!
Fight For Your Right To Party - Beastie Boys


Like a nice mixed tape? Click here

No comments:

Post a Comment