Tuesday 25 August 2020

Billy Ocean - Get Into My Car you Caribbean Queen

When the going gets tough they get into Billy Ocean's Car

Billy Ocean, what a name! That is his stage name. "Billy" is from the Caribbean, hence the name Ocean, but his real name is Leslie Sebastian Charles...so, where 'Billy' came from? Who knows.


What is Billy Ocean's real name - is it William?

No matter the name, Billy Ocean was big time news on the music charts in the mid 80s. His song When The Going Gets Tough, The Tough Get Going was a Number 1 hit. 

When the going gets tough, the tough get cats

That song along with Caribbean Queen helped him win a Grammy award in 1985.

Billy Ocean is looking for a Caribbean Queen

My personal favourite of William Ocean is Get Outta My Dreams, Get Into My Car.

Image Billy Ocean pulling up in this rust bucket and saying 'get into my car'

People who say, 'get into my car'
Would you get into Billy Ocean's car

Billy is still active in the music scene and has recorded a new album which was slated to be released in April 2020, but due to this darn Covid 19 pandemic it has been delayed to fall 2020. Pretty amazing.

Billy Ocean is worth 12 million, you'd better believe I'd get into his car!

Support Billy - buy his greatest hits for $11


MORE 80s MUSIC MEMES

No comments:

Post a Comment