Thursday 1 August 2019

MORE 80S MUSIC QUOTES

80S MUSIC QUOTES

The songs of the 1980s get stuck in my head all the time. Some of the lyrics repeat over and over. No, I don't think anything is wrong with that b/c it happens to a lot of us. We are not getting old, as Bruce Springsteen says, we are just reliving our Glory Days! "They'll pass you by Glory Days. In the wink of young girl's eye. Glory Days!"

Bruce Springsteen - GLORY DAYS
I often get the Eurythmics tune in my head when I watch the weather forecast. But only when rain is expected. "Here Comes The Rain Again".

Eurythmics - Here Comes The Rain Again
If there is no rain in the forecast I typically go for a little run. I put on my old 80s windsuit, get out the walkman, and crank up the 80s tunes. My favourite mix tape starts with Rick Astley's Never Gonna Give You Up. I tell my 80s music, "I'm never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down, never gonna turn around and desert you."
Rick Astley - Never Gonna Give You Up
 And, then I go for you my workout. When I say I go for a 'run', I really mean brisk walk. But, I'm still reminded of RUN DMC and their collaboration with Aerosmith - Walk This Way. And I do. I "Walk This Way" in my 1980s style Adidas!

RUN DMC - WALK THIS WAY
I'm not stylish, I'm just cheap. I keep the same shoes for forty years. Which is why I have the original Adidas shoes. Like Run DMC says, "it's like that. And that's the way it is! Huh!"

RUN DMC - It's like that
When I get home from my run, er brisk walk...alright, slow walk. Then I relax. I put on some Frankie Goes to Hollywood and listen to the lyrics, "RELAX". Thanks Frankie.

Frankie says RELAX
Then I sit and think for a bit. I find sometimes my mind drifts to bad pun kind-of jokes, or as my kid's call them, "Dad-Jokes". My favourite is a play on George Harrison's hit Got My Mind Set On You. I picture George thinking of the letter U. Get it? I got my mind set on U? Drum roll please.

George Harrison - Got my mind set on you meme
Then I sit around and wait for my kids to call me. That's a sure sign I'm old. While I wait I get Blondie's CALL ME repeating through my brain. "Call Me Any-Anytime!"

BLONDIE - CALL ME
Then I head off to bed. I take a moment to think of the best bed I ever slept on. It was in a hotel in the early 80s. The bed had a 'magic fingers' vibrator which was so relaxing. Reminds me of the AC/DC song "YOU SHOOK ME ALL NIGHT LONG". B/c the bed literally did that, if you put enough quarters into it.

AC/DC - You Shook Me All Night Long joke




No comments:

Post a Comment