Wednesday 30 January 2019

HALL AND OATES MEMES

FUNNY HALL and OATES

Oh, that 80s supergroup had such great music! Memorable tunes that have stuck with us to this day. Their hits have catchy one liners that make great jokes - I can't go for that! I'll make your dreams come true! 

I have a theory that every song by Hall and Oates was written about one rich, set in her ways, girl who liked to bite...Rich Girl, Maneater...that girl should get some royalties right?


Hall and Oates songs inspired by one crazy chick!
My favourite song is I'll make your dreams come true. But, if you rewatch the video it can look kind of creepy! 


Hall and Oates will make your nightmares, er, dreams come true.

Did you take them literally? Hall and Oates are not wizards!

Hall and Oates dreams come true
Actually, a lot of the videos are dark, foggy, and have a scary edge to them. It's mostly the fashion choices that do it...and that huge moustache! 


A Maneater can be fooled as shown by Hall's outfit
  
Hall and Oates out of touch? Maybe that one day...
Daryl Hall and John Oates sure had their looks didn't they! A bit feminine and a bit mustachey! 


Rich Girl, no just Daryl Hall
They were cutting edge though. Always pushing the envelope on music. Method of Modern Love, that song was so different than anything at the time, and it was a success. Kind of like the Hall and Oates photoshoots, always interesting. And, as rumour has it, Oates was the first to officially photobomb!


Hall and Oates photobomb!
Did you ever actually listen to the words of some songs. Can you picture Daryl Hall carrying around a list with something like 'Kiss from Betty' on it? I can.


Hall and Oates did have your kiss on their list

For awhile I wasn't sure about one of their songs, "I can't go for that"...probably b/c I thought it was I can't go for TAT. Misheard lyric, haha.


I Can't Go For That

No comments:

Post a Comment